- Obetech Pacific – Achieved fastest level of profitable growth in the company’s 20+ years
- Lionbridge Technologies, Inc. – Top sales growth and top performer from 2006 to 2009, spearheaded Bangkok operations and ROI positive in less than a year, managed strategic account relationships with Nokia, Motorola, Microsoft, Standard Chartered Bank and more
- Cognos Inc (now IBM Cognos) – Top Enterprise Planning sales performer for 2003 and 2004, partnering with strategic customers Singapore Airlines, Deutsche Bank, British American Tobacco, HP, AIA, Standard Chartered Bank and NOL/APL
- ICTUS Corporation Australia – Achieved targets for 2001, 2002 and 2003 despite challenging market conditions following the dot come crash
- Harvard University – Perfect GPA 4.0, recipient of Katie Y.F. Yang Award for Most Outstanding Academic Record, Dean’s List Academic Achievement Award, Certificate of Awesomeness and MacGyver Award in Emerging Markets
The Pursuit of Excellence
Transforming Your Business into the Game Changer of your Industry
4:1 - Game Changers
These are the companies that push humanity forward, that redefine the status quo, that establish the new rules for others to follow. They represent the pinnacle of our time, the benchmark for their competitors and the aspiration for other endeavors.
20:4 - Elites
These are the companies that are known as the best of the best, the leaders in their industries, the changemakers within their verticals. They are ahead of the pack and are the visionaries who set the standards for their market.
80:20 - Masters
These are the companies with unique selling points, innovative business models and capable leadership to differentiate them, enabling them to stand out from the masses. They are the problem solvers, the default choice for their respective markets.
The Making of Excellence
Making Your Company Stand Out and Dominate
A Excellent Company
is One with Balance
Successful companies have three things in common.
They are Profitable.
They are Innovative.
They are Well-Known.
The Company Cannot Sustain
We all know broke celebrities.
They’ve got the fame, they’ve got the hype, but deep down, even when they portray a “profitable” image, their bottom lines say otherwise.
The Company is Invisible in the Market
Even if you have the latest innovations and the highest profitability, without proper branding and marketing strategies, your target market will not even know of your existence.
The Company has an Expiry Date
In the age of cutting-edge technologies and out-of-the-box business models, no matter how profitable your business currently is, or how famous it is, it can be disrupted.
Remember Kodak, Blockbuster and Borders?
Want to Transform Your Business into a Gamechanger of your Industry?
With our years of cross-industry experience and multi-pillar expertise, we have the strategies, tools and frameworks to transform your business.
The ARETE Method
Your Road Map to Excellence
Strategy Road Map
Strategy Road Map
The ARETE Team
Your Growth Partners
Rong Yao Chan
- One of the only 25 Expert Level Certified Management Consultants in Singapore
- At Ernst & Young, executed risk profile reduce exercises for a multi-million property developer, and boosted group-wide customer service by 30% in just 3 months for Fraser Centrepoint Malls
- Developed and launched world’s first Luxury Customised Sneakers for YSneakers/Diamond Walker
- Plan and strategize four additional revenue streams by expanding the product and service lines for one of Singapore’s leading dessert chains.
- Development of Blue Ocean type of products and business models for a 30-year old trading business.
- Created new product lines for an 80-year old local company.
- Developed commercialization and go-to-market strategy for the region for one of Asia’s leading biotech firms.
- Successfully oversaw the restructuring and management of the sales, marketing and commercial management of Desaru Coast, Malaysia’s newest $1b leading integrated destination resort
- Established, developed and managed diverse sales and marketing teams across multiple start-up divisions and operating businesses
- Directed the successful decentralisation of shared services and a restructuring of sales, marketing and commercial across multiple business divisions to achieve cost efficiencies and greater commercial focus and effectiveness
- Developed a comprehensive destination marketing business plan incorporating a unique self-funding business model for Malaysia’s first premium integrated destination resort
- Successfully launched KidZania Kuala Lumpur, Sanrio Hello Kitty Town and Thomas Town and The Els Club Desaru Coast – Ocean and Valley golf courses across Malaysia, Singapore and South East Asia meeting/exceeding financial targets
- Built an extensive corporate network securing over $70 million in sponsorship and licensing revenues and successfully managing multi-million-dollar projects for leading brands across the Asia Pacific
- Founded and ran a leading Australian marketing communications agency with a profitable exit
Leverage Government Grants to Scale Your Business
Discover how FIVE Local Businesses from Different Industries Achieve Breakthrough Growth.